Fontboy is an application to show your installed fonts in BeOS. You can get additional information of a font and a preview of it’s complete Unicode charset. Fontboy allows you to adjust his appearence to your desired needs and is fast because BeOS is.
- Watch all your installed True Type and Type 1 fonts
- Browse the complete Unicode charset of a font
- Magnified view of single charcters
- Drag & drop support
- Highly customizeable
Thanks and regards must go to Marco Nelissen for his BubbleHelper class, to Eric Shepherd for his TPreferences class, to Dianne Hackborn for her FFont class and to YNOP Talton for SplitPane view.
Fontboy is maintained by the Haiku Archives, where you can also download the latest release.
Version 0.9.6e (4/19/2003)
- Fixed crashing bug when loading of buttonimages failed
- Reworked dynamic content layout in properties window
- Resize button in properties window can now be locked using right mousebutton (sorry, no visual feedback)
Version 0.9.6d (4/5/2003)
- Reduced window refreshs when updateting preferences
- Fixed crashing bug when closing Fontboy
- Better ListView handling in preferences window
- Faster properties window popup
Version 0.9.6c (1/23/2003)
- Fixed some memoryleaks
- Removed some unnecessary redraws
- “@” is now default character in detail window
- Added dynamic view & window limits in detail window
- Added switch for tooltips
- Spooky tooltips in detail window banned
- Controls for column settings united
- Fontlist will now get refreshed at startup if necessary
- Fixed refresh of fontlist
- Fixed bug where the first change of a color didn’t reached the app
Version 0.9.6b (12/25/2002)
- Reorganisation of preferences
- Some bugfixes i don’t remember
- Version 0.9.6a (9/4/2000)
- Added Splitpane to detail window
- Added support for Mousewheel in detail window
- Fontsize and displaytext will now updated live too!
- Changed title of detail window to fontname + fontstyle
- Enhanced keyboard navigation in detail window
Version 0.9.6 (8/3/2000)
- most classes rewritten and enhanced
Version 0.9.5d (3/4/99)
- fixed bug in defaulttext setting
- added support for Fontdrops using
- Dianne Hackborn’s FFont class
- added support for HTML Fonttagdrops (receiving program must support dropmessages of type “text/html”)
- added minimal support for UTF8 fontpreview
- (try PageUp/PageDown in Charset view)
Version 0.9.5c (3/3/99)
- Fixed a bug which caused Fontboy to crash
- when no settings file was available
Version 0.9.5b (3/3/99)
- Properties windows are now zoomable
- Minimal support for Drag & Drop
Version 0.9.5a (2/25/99)
- fixed bug which displayed the same font in multiple detail windows.
- fontboy should now be aware of Input Methods.
When I got the server statistics, I saw that a lot of people from Japan downloaded Fontboy so I decided to put a little more work in the support of Input Methods. What has to be done next is a UTF8 preview with the complete characterset, but that will be one of my next steps!
Version 0.9.5 (2/22/99)
- first public release
Links to free Fonts
Feel free to address feature requests and bug reports here: https://github.com/HaikuArchives/FontBoy/issues.